How to Install A Wood Deck

I remember the first time I installed a wood deck. This project took me about 2 days to complete. First I had to get the lumber cut down and then I had to assemble the pieces together. Once I assembled the pieces together I stained them with stain. After staining I sealed the stain with polyurethane. I wanted this deck to last for many years so I chose the best quality stain and sealer.

I built stairs to go from the front porch to the back porch. These steps are made out of cedar and have a handrail. I stained these steps with stain and sealed them with polyurethane as well.

My porch needed some work too. I added a railing around the entire porch and replaced the old vinyl flooring with concrete pavers. I stained the concrete paver with stain as well.



Use Below Steps To Install A Wood Deck:


1. Measure the length of your deck and add 10-15cm (4-6 inches) extra space at each end. This will allow room for expansion if necessary.

 2. Cut the boards into lengths that are slightly longer than the width of your deck. You can use a table saw or circular saw. Make sure to keep the blade at least 1/8th inch away from the edge of the board.

 3. Sand down any rough edges using a sanding block and sandpaper.

 4. Apply wood sealer to protect the surface of the wood.

 5. Use a pencil to draw out the layout of your deck. If you want to make changes later on, do not erase the lines.

 6. Drill holes where you need electrical outlets.



Some Precautions Before Installing a Wood Deck:


1. Wood

The wood used in decks should have been treated with preservatives before being installed. These chemicals are toxic to humans and can leach into the water table if not properly sealed. If you notice any discoloration or mold on your decking, contact a professional immediately.

2. Fasteners

Fasteners that are used to attach the boards together should be galvanized. Galvanizing prevents corrosion and helps ensure they last longer.

3. Sealers

Sealers are applied to protect the wood from moisture and other elements. They come in both oil-based and latex-based varieties. Oil-based sealers are better at protecting against UV rays while latex-based ones are better at resisting water.


If you need professional help for cleaning the wood deck or any other services and make it look from dull to good looking. For the most cost-effective and efficient deck cleaning and carpet cleaning solutions visit Spotclean Services Brisbane here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timber Deck Cleaning, How to Start?

How to clean a wood deck naturally

How To Take Care of Your Wooden Deck